Technical Product Manager API
Up to £95,000 + 20% Bonus
As Technical Product Manager for API stack, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end execution of the clients API based products and solutions.
This role is a global role and you will work with teams across multiple timezones to help the client become a global leader in financial services across all the markets they operate in.
You will work across the organisation to build product features, understand customer use cases, help grow the company’s global footprint, actively reduce costs and increase revenue related to the API product line. You are the go-to person for how API products function, interact and connect with other products and services.
You’ll work closely with customers, as well as the product & technology teams to design and build payment abstractions and systems. You’ll be paired with engineering teams in Melbourne and collaborate with global engineering teams in India and the Philippines.
- Manage the end-to-end success of API based products across multiple geographies.
- Convert Business case and business requirements into technical requirements & user stories.
- Build and grow a geographically dispersed team of product owners who work across multiple time zones.
- Work closely with the Regional Product Managers & Technology teams to understand capabilities, and define, refine and grow the API product suite.
- Co-own & execute technical debt along with Technology teams.
- Work closely with the Regional Product Managers and Marketing team to ensure holistic launch of API products and solutions.
- Execute quarterly and annual roadmap covering Business & Operational needs as well as technical debt, break-fix, customer requests and backlog items.
- Ensure scalable knowledge management practices within the team by using and promoting scalable tools like Jira, Confluence and others.
- Be an expert in card schemes, PCI-DSS, tokenization, batch payments, fast rails, cross border, alternative payments, digital wallets and the future of payments.
Essential skills / Experience:
- You have built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale.
- Understanding of SOAPI, restful APIs, Python and other front end programming languages
- Experience working on a large scale platforms or infrastructure.
- A computing, math, or science degree or software engineering experience.
- Experience in scrum and agile methodologies
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with technology, sales, operations, design and marketing.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
- You have experience managing complex technical products from idea to shipping.
- You foster a fun working environment and help people go better than their best.
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration.
- Beyond releasing new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and manage releases across our customer segments and portfolios.