Senior Project Manager
Birmingham / Hybrid
Up to £55,000 + generous up to 26% bonus + benefits
The client is looking for a high calibre and experienced Senior Project Manager to join their Hydrogen Team to lead on the delivery of projects and to support the work of Hydrogen UK. They have amazing teams within Low Carbon and Hydrogen and have been appointed to work on the government ‘Hydrogen Taskforce.’ Offering the opportunity for you to shape the direction of growing project management capabilities in a hydrogen team, work in a fast-paced and nationally significant area of the energy system, and ultimately help achieve action on climate change.
– Instrumental in the leading of delivery and complex technical projects, as well as working on smaller consultancy projects and packages, within budget and on time.
– Lead the delivery and development of the Project Execution Plan (PEP), progress reports, presentations, design and documentation and broader PM documentation for the external clients and business.
– Provide the client and project-wide input into design reviews, site visits, safety assessments and change management.
– In partnership with EPCM and technology providers, manage the timely completion stage gate deliverables and sett performance expectations, from pre-FEED through to decommissioning.
– Provide progress updates to the Hydrogen team and the Client/s by identifying and managing the schedule, cost, safety, and risk implications between work packages.
– Develop and maintain information management flow whilst developing and maintaining a high-quality document suite in line with UK best practice.
Essential skills / Experience:
– Recognised qualifications in Project and Programme Management (e.g. APM/PMP)
– Proven performance management of engineering contractors
– Knowledge of industry standards in typical energy construction projects (including implication of CDM Regulations)
– A great understanding of PM processes, including management of change and risk management and a demonstrable proficiency in delivering complex projects
– Experience in providing technical authorisation and participating in design and safety studies
– Capability to influence stakeholders and reaching aligned decisions, with ability to recognise and manage potential conflicts